WHO IS QUHA ZONO 2 FOR?
Quha Zono 2 is for anyone who has difficulties in operating a computer mouse with hands. Typically Zono 2 users are people with various medical conditions relating to hand/arm functionality.
CAN I USE QUHA ZONO 2 WITH MY DEVICES?
Quha Zono 2 is compatible with all modern computers and mobile devices. Compatible operating systems include Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, iPadOS, iOS and Linux.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE QUHA ZONO 2 MOUSE?
With Quha Zono 2 you can do whatever you can do with a good table mouse. It has pixel perfect accuracy, long wireless range and the user can move freely around the computer while using the mouse.
Quha Zono 2 is a handfree wireless USB head mouse. Its user can perform all regular mouse functions without hands. Quha Zono 2 is compatible with all modern mouse operated devices: computers, tablets and smartphones.
Intuitive head movements translate to cursor movement onscreen.
Pixel perfect accuracy with small head movements
Plug and play device, no driver installation
Lightweight, easy to use for many hours
Quha Dwell software for Windows 10 with Instant Dwell feature
Multiple wearing options for head and limb attachment
Mouse usage time between charging is several days.
Freedom to move around while using the computer or mobile device.
- Customized moving directions
- Cursor speed
- Tremor filtering
- Defining what connected switches do
Supports all common left and right clicking methods
- Dwell clicking with any software
- Using any physical switch with a 3.5 mm connector plug, such as puff switch, button, bite switch, touch switch.
- Built-in dwell-clicking
(predefined motion patterns) to activate common features such as cursor pausing, window scrolling and cursor centering
Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, iPadOS, iOS, Linux
Quha Zono 2 is a wireless handsfree mouse operated with head movements. It detects motion and transforms it into intuitive onscreen cursor movement. Quha Zono 2 is an improved version of the Quha Zono mouse including all its features and a number of new ones.
Dimensions: Length 59 mm, width 33 mm, height 15 mm, weight 23 g
Wireless connection 2.45 GHz radiolink, operates up to 10 m
Battery: Li-Po (Litium-polymer) 240 mAh. Active use time 60 hours, in automatic idle mode up to 30 days
USB Receiver: USB 2.0 HID, includes 3.5 mm stereo connector to connect either one switch directly or two switches with the included adapter.
What’s in the Box?
Quha Zono 2 mouse
Head Mount Kit wearing accessory
Stereo button adapter
Adapter for two switches
USB charging cable
Quha Dwell computer access software with advanced dwell features
Quha Dwell quick guide
User manual and software download instructions
Product overview and features explained
Quha Zono 2 - Enhanced head mouse
Have you thought it could be easy to use a computer without hands? Quha Zono 2 is a wireless handsfree mouse operated with head movements. It detects motion and transforms it into intuitive on-screen cursor movement.
With Quha Zono 2 you can do whatever can be done with a good table mouse
Quha Zono - Gyroscopic Air Mouse
Quha Zono technology showcase
Quha Zono 2 - Gestures
Tutorial video demonstrating the usage of the gestures of Quha Zono 2 mouse
Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about Quha Zono 2 gyroscopic mouse.
Who are Quha Zono mice for?
Quha Zono and Zono 2 are made for everyone who wants to use an accurate head mouse or can’t use desktop computer mice. Typically the users are people with
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy (CP)
Are Quha Zono and Zono 2 medical devices?
Quha Zono and Zono 2 are Class I Medical Devices and comply with the EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR) 2017/745.
Are Quha Zono mice compatible with Apple devices?
Yes, Quha Zono and Zono 2 are compatible with Apple computers with macOS operating system. Quha Zono is also compatible with iPads and iPhones.
On a Mac computer the Quha Zono is a plug-and-play mouse device and doesn’t require any settings to be made. You plug the USB receiver into a USB port, turn on the power and it works.
If you wish you can change the mouse speed on the System preferences/Mouse. The more advanced settings are done using the Zono Setup and Zono Installation applications on a Windows computer. The settings are stored on the mouse, so these changes can be done on any Windows computer and the settings are remembered when the mouse is moved back to a Mac computer. At this point there is no native macOS application for changing the Quha Zono settings.
What makes Quha Zono mice different?
Quha Zono has several advantages compared to all competitive products on the market. The most important features are listed below.
How can I make a click?
There are several ways to make a click. Please consult the below table to find the most suitable option for you.
How does the double click assistant work?
The double-click assistant stops the cursor for a short time period after a click, making it easier to click second time without moving the cursor between the clicks. Thus, the double-click assistant will not make the double-click directly, but helps the user to do it more easily.
What options there are for dwell click?
There are many possibilities:
- Windows: The best and the most versatile option is to use Quha Dwell software. Other dwell clickers are also compatible with Quha Zono and Zono 2.
- Mac: Dwell selection functionality is part of the accessibility settings in System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Keyboard -> Accessibility Keyboard -> Options. Tutorial video available.
- Chrome OS: Dwell selection can be activated in Accessibility -> Automatic clicks
- Android: EaseMouse application can be purchased from Play Store or from Quha.
- iPad: Settings App -> Accessibility -> Touch -> AssistiveTouch > Dwell Control. Tutorial video available.
How can I be sure that the settings are stored in Quha Zono or Zono 2, because there is no OK or Apply button?
The OK and Apply buttons are purposely left out. The settings are stored in Quha Zono or Zono 2 mouse right after they are made on the Quha Zono setup software. This way it is easy to see the effect of the setting immediately making it easier to find the correct settings for the user.
Why does it take a while until the mouse cursor starts to move when Quha Zono or Zono 2 is moved?
Quha Zono and Zono 2 have a built in energy saving feature. Normally Quha Zono or Zono 2 responds immediately to any movement by the user. When the mouse has been stationary for about 10 seconds, it automatically starts saving energy to maintain maximum usage time. When the user moves the mouse again, the mouse automatically resumes standard operation. There may be a small delay in the cursor movement when this happens.
Why is my mouse not charging when it is connected to a USB charging cable?
Quha Zono shows a blinking green light on the power button when charging is ongoing. If the light is not blinking, it means that the mouse is not charging. There can be multiple reasons for this.
- The battery is already full.
- The USB charging cable doesn’t provide charging current. The most common reason for this is the USB charging cable being connected to a USB port without power. Most modern computers have power saving features that turn off power on the USB ports when the computer is sleeping. Please connect the charging cable to a USB port that is always on. Recharging the Quha Zono battery from empty to full takes about 4 hours. Common USB chargers can also be used to charge Quha Zono.
- The USB cable is defective.
- If these measures do not solve the problem, please contact Quha support.
Can I use two USB receivers with one Quha Zono or Zono 2 mouse?
Yes. You can order a Quha Zono or Zono 2 with multiple USB receivers to be used with several computers or mobile devices. For example, if you use a computer in the living room and a tablet in the bedroom, you can connect the USB receivers in both devices and use them with one Quha Zono or Zono 2 mouse. However, you should turn off the device that you are not using if it is within the usage range, because otherwise the mouse movements and button clicks are received by both devices.
Why is the cursor drifting when I am not moving the mouse?
The Quha Zono mice have a motion sensor that detects the mouse movements and transforms these movements into cursor motion. The motion sensor is a highly accurate electric component and is affected by ambient temperature among other things. On those very rare occasions when the cursor starts to “drift”, the device can be calibrated by holding the mouse stationary for a few seconds. The easiest way to do this is to place the mouse on a table while it is on. The drifting is then automatically removed in a few seconds.
My USB receiver is connected to the computer, but I can’t see the cursor on screen.
There are several possible causes for this.
- Is the Quha Zono mouse turned on? The cursor is visible only when the mouse is turned on. The Quha Zono power button has a light indicator that blinks every few seconds when the device is on.
- In case you have Zono 2, have you paused the cursor? Try to remove and re-plug the USB Receiver. Please refer to the user manual for more information.
- Do the Quha Zono mouse and the USB receiver have the same serial number on them? The mouse and the USB receiver are paired based on their serial number. Only devices with identical serial numbers communicate with each other.
- Is the USB receiver connected to the computer and is the computer’s USB port working? If another USB device works on the USB port, it is likely that the USB port is ok.
- USB receiver may be broken. For example, the USB connector may have gotten detached from the circuit board. In this case, the USB receiver needs to be repaired.
- If these measures do not fix the problem, please contact Quha support.
Can I use Quha Zono 2 Setup software with my older Windows?
Yes you may be able to use them, however Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 are not anymore supported by Microsoft, and therefore we are not able to provide the official support for them on our software. We recommend updating to Windows 10 or 11.
Quha Zono setup software requires Microsoft .NET framework to work. The latest .NET frameworks are not supporting Windows XP anymore, hence you need to download an older version, e.g. .NET 3.5 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22.
Why does Zono 2 turn itself off before 60 hours have passed? The battery has been charged before usage.
Quha Zono 2 has a rechargeable battery that provides approximately 60 hours of active usage time. The most common reason for Zono 2 turning itself off before 60 hours have passed is partially charged battery. Please check that the Zono 2 battery is charged using a USB port that is powered when the computer is on standby / powered off. Powered USB ports are usually marked with discernible colours or other markings.
How do I center the cursor?
Quha Zono 2 has two built-in centering possibilities. You can use a gesture to activate the centering or alternatively program an external switch for it.
Also, readjusting the mouse by pushing the mouse cursor off screen is a standard way of repositioning the mouse cursor. If you notice your head is not in a comfortable position when the cursor is in the middle of the screen, turn your head so that the cursor moves to the edge of the screen and beyond. The amount of head movement needed depends on the mouse speed settings and you’ll quickly learn to reposition the cursor by experimenting. The repositioning movement corresponds to lifting and moving a table mouse when it is near a table edge. As the Quha Zono 2 doesn’t use a fixed reference point or position to operate, sometimes it is necessary to make the repositioning movement.
How do I scroll in Android?
The easiest way to scroll a window is to use a dedicated switch such as Quha Sento or Quha Pufo+. Move the cursor to the area that you want to scroll, drag in the direction you want to scroll to and release dragging.
In Quha Zono 2, you can activate scroll function either with a gesture or an external switch.
Why are gestures not working?
- The gestures are off by default. Use Quha Zono 2 or Quha Zono X setup software to turn gestures on.
- Make sure the gesture is performed according to the instructions.
- Gestures are supported by Quha Zono 2 and Quha Zono X mouse only.
How do I replace the battery?
The Lithium-Ion battery in Quha Zono and Zono 2 are not user replaceable. Please contact your reseller or Quha certified service points.
Why has the mouse cursor suddenly disappeared/stopped?
If you are using a Quha Zono 2 or Quha Zono X mouse, you may have unintentionally performed the pause gesture and the cursor has been paused. You need to make the exit gesture to release the cursor. You can turn gestures on and off using the setup software.